Recipe by Potagekempcc
Green Beans,Youkon Gold Potatoes and Pork Chops are brasied in Ham Stock to enhance flavor into the Green Beans.
- 4 (8 ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Split)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1 cup red onion (Medium Diced)
- 1⁄4 cup white zinfandel wine
- 8 cups ham stock
- 1 lb fresh green beans (Blue Lake, Trimmed)
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (Medium Diced)
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 juniper berries
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 4 sage sprigs (Purple Sage)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (Chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub chops with 2-tablespoons olive oil. Season with 1-teaspoon salt, 1-teaspoon black pepper and rub garlic over both sides.
- Place pork chops in a braising pan and sear both sides 1-2 minutes or until browned. Do not over crowd the pan. Remove chops and place on a plate.
- Add onion and saute' for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Zinfandel wine and reduce by one-half.
- Add ham stock, pork chops, green beans and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place bay leaves, peppercorns, juniper berries, fresh herbs in cheesecloth, tie-off with string and place Sachet in pan.
- Bring to a full-boil, reduce to a simmer covered for 30-35 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Serve Brasied Green Beans in warm bowls.
- Garnished with fresh chopped parsley.