Braised Green Beans With Lemon
I made this recipe for Dîner en Blanc, because it is great served cold or hot. The veggies are layered in a Dutch oven and cooked without stirring until the beans are soft and tender.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb green beans (3 cups cleaned)
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dill, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mint, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedge
- Wash the beans, break off both ends, and break them in half.
- Mix the herbs and garlic together.
- In a Dutch oven, layer 1 cup of onions on the bottom of the pan, top with beans, then herb mix, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle with 1/2 of the olive oil.
- Finish with the remaining cup of onions before drizzling with the last 1/2 of olive oil.
- Cover and cook over medium high heat until the pan lid is hot. As soon as the lid is hot, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 1/2 hour, or until the beans are very soft and tender.
- Stir in 1/8 cup lemon juice.
- Taste and add more lemon juice, salt, or freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION