Recipe by Julesong
Savory coriander, sweetened stirfried chicken. Simple and delicious!! Prep time includes marination. An adopted recipe.
Top Review by Kittymonkey
This recipe is in heavy rotation in my household. I always make jasmine rice to accompany, and some veggies. By the way, the recipe never mentions when to add the coriander. I normally put it in with the marinade.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic container with lid or Ziplock bag, combine soy sauce, coriander, sugar, salt, and pepper to make marinade.
- Add chicken pieces, cover or close, shake, and marinade for for 20 minutes in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- In a heavy skillet over medium temperature, heat oil and fry onion and garlic until soft but not brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken together with marinade and stirfry until chicken is well coated and brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add water and simmer for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with French bread or rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.