Lemon Coriander Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 jalapenos or 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons coriander seeds or 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- Start off by putting the coriander seeds in a skillet over high heat. Toast for a few minutes until the seeds begin to release a pleasant aroma. Crush the seeds in a grinder, with a mortar and pestle, or with the back of thick knife.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the ground coriander and place into a resealable bag or non reactive dish. Add in the garlic, lemon zest, minced peppers, lemon juice and honey.
- Prepare the chicken breasts with a light dusting of salt and pepper and place in the marinade. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breasts skinned side up into a roasting pan. Cover with the marinade. Cover dish with foil or lid and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil or lid and baste the chicken breasts with the glaze at the bottom of the pan. bake and additional 18-20 minutes until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Give a final baste and serve.
Join The Conversation
This is lovely! I served it with some steamed green beans. It didn't need anything more. I didn't really pick this for PAC Fall 2006, but it is one of my adoptees and within the time frame... :) Nice light flavors. I omitted the pepper b/c DH wouldn't like it. Freezes beautifully. I'm having the leftovers for lunch today.