Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Yet another discovery in my quest to collect healthy recipes. I found this one in the March 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. It is nice to see a chicken and beans recipe that isn't tomato based and uses more than just a chicken breast. There is no reason a chicken thigh can't be super tasty and healthy. The recipe states that the dish can be frozen.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 pint white wine
- 5 fluid ounces water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wide pan with a lid.
- Add the chicken and quickly cook to brown it all over.
- Tip in the onion, garlic and thyme and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, water and the salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, cover halfway through the cooking time, until the chicken is tender.
- Stir the beans into the pan and briefly warm through.
- Roughly chop the parsley, then scatter over to serve.