Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
From the Barilla box, this is a nice combination of flavors and colors. Quick and easy to prepare, good for a night when you don't want to put out too much effort, but want a nice dinner.
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, cut into bite-sized chunks (boneless or skinless)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onions, chopped or 2 small shallots
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb Baby Spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) box bow tie pasta, prepared (farfalle)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, peppers and garlic; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add chicken broth, spinach and remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook until spinach is wilted and chicken is cooked through.
- Add bow-tie pasta to skillet, stirring to mix well.
- Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
This was quick & easy to make; healthy and delicious. Hubby and kids gave it a thumbs up. I'll be adding this one to my favorites!
Simple, quick and great tasting. I would serve this to company for a casual dinner without a second thought, it's that good. I used shallot for the onion and whole wheat rotini was as close to the bow tie as I could get but it worked fine for me. :D
This is a fabulous recipe, my 17 month old daughter loves it! I substitute mushrooms for the red pepper though since my husband doesn't like peppers and it's great.