Cook1 hr 20 mins
A yummy recipe from Kentucky! Makes a great gift! I don't drink alcohol, but love to cook with it! Adapted from Mimi's cyber kitchen.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- strawberry (to garnish)
- blueberries (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the milk, vanilla, and 4 tablespoons bourbon.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar until lump free.
- Add butter and beat at high speed until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- At low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake springs back when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan.
- In small bowl, combine orange juice, 1/3 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons bourbon.
- Brush mixture all over warm cake.
- Cool cake completely.
- Garnish with berries or other fruit for a pretty presentation.
This was very good. The glaze was terrific! I used strawberries for the garnish, didn't have any blueberries. Served with vanilla ice cream. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Quite a different flavour from the usual pound cake! It was not as sweet as I expected with two cups of sugar, the glaze is delicious! We enjoyed it plain, with ice cream and with fruit, very nice. I did not have any bourbon so used Canadian whiskey, tasted great! I used a bundt pan and it was baked in an hour.