Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by the Harbor House Inn, Elk, California. Serve with Sour Cream Sauce (Recipe ID # 27989).
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- chopped fresh herb (to garnish, chef's choice)
- Sauté the potatoes in hot oil until golden; drain.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until soft.
- Layer the potatoes and onions in a greased baking dish.
- Add the stock and garnish.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Serve with Sour Cream Sauce (Recipe ID # 27989).
Wow... these really suprised me!! While I was preparing them I wasn't too sure if it would be worth the time, but boy!!.. these were soooo delicious!! I added tarragon and oregano only and cut down on the butter, I used only about 1/2 tablespoon with olive oil. Many thanks for posting this one!
These were very good. I made them with parsley this time, and think they would better with thyme. I served them with the sour cream sauce as suggested, and the sauce made the dish fab!