Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Culinary Cafe
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Soak beans in water overnight. Drain and put all ingredients in cooker.
- Add 1 cup water and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
- Can also spice it up with a few cloves of garlic, a half teaspoon of powdered ginger, and a good dash of Worcestershire sauce. As an option, stir in 1 cup drained pineapple chunks during the last hour of cooking for a delicious fruity flavor.
Easy to make, a little sweet for my liking, but very good.