Not Your Ordinary Boston Baked Beans
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 (20 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can lima beans (drained)
- 1 (20 ounce) can light red kidney beans (drained)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain any grease.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine meat mixtured and remaining ingredients. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love how these turned out! There's a nice balance of sweetness and spice, and a very rich texture. It makes a huge batch, suitable for a backyard barbecue with a bunch of your friends. I had to tweak it just a little bit, because I don't care for lima beans, so I used black beans instead. It was actually a nice visual contrast. I think I'll be getting requests for these beans frequently. They were a hit.