Recipe by Rita~
For growers of borage add flowers to herbal vinegar as a dye and for a slight cucumber flavour.This is wonderful on cucumber tea sandwiches.
- 6 cups borage leaves (and flowers)
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemons
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 6 cups of borage leaves and mint leave if using and flowers parts in a 4 cups of cold water overnight, drain and strain, pressing the liquid out of the leaves and flowers gently.
- Measure 4 cups of the liquid, add the lemon juice, and pectin.
- Put into a deep jelly kettle and bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar and stir to mix well.
- Stir and boil hard for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture sheets from a wooden spoon, skim, pour into hot clean 1/2 pint jelly jars. Seal the a water bath accordingly.