Borage Cucumber Jelly With Ginger
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 6 cups borage leaves, fresh picked after due is gone (and flowers)
- 1 cucumber, juiced and pulp discarded
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, juiced equaling 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons lemons
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Soak 6 cups of borage leaves and mint leave if using and flowers parts in a 3 cups of cold water overnight in the refrigerator, drain and strain, pressing the liquid out of the leaves and flowers gently.
- Measure 3 cups of the liquid, 1 cup cucumber juice and the 2 tablespoons fresh ginger juice, lemon juice, and pectin.
- Put into a deep jelly kettle and bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar and stir to mix well.
- Stir and boil hard for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture sheets from a wooden spoon, skim, pour into hot clean 1/2 pint jelly jars. Seal the a water bath accordingly.
- Makes approximately 6-7 1/2 pints jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!