Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my sisters recipe and it is our absolute favorite fried chicken. Prep time includes soaking the chicken The weight for the cicken is approximate. I just use a whole cut up chicken
- Soak chicken in cold salted water for an hour.
- Remove and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or bag.
- Toss in chicken and coat well.
- Put about an inch of oil in heavy pan .
- fry chicken for about 10 minutes on each side to brown.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F approximatly 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
this is a great technique! i have tried it a couple of times now. you get a nice crispy chicken that doesn't have too much coating on it. i play around with the seasonings in the coating; the main thing here is the technique which yields a reliable result. since fried chicken is one of my weaknesses, this will definitely be in regular rotation for us.
So yummy! It's hard to go wrong with any kind of fried chicken so I knew this would be good. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts just because that's what we prefer. The chicken itself was prety moist and juicy. This is definitely a make again recipe. Thanks for posting!! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
This was a really nice recipe. I have made chicken similar to this, but never would have thought to use the curry powder or corn meal. This combo complements the taste of chicken just right, so it tastes like chicken. Thanks for posting.