Recipe by wicked cook 46
This is my sisters recipe and it is our absolute favorite fried chicken. Prep time includes soaking the chicken The weight for the cicken is approximate. I just use a whole cut up chicken
Top Review by graffeetee
this is a great technique! i have tried it a couple of times now. you get a nice crispy chicken that doesn't have too much coating on it. i play around with the seasonings in the coating; the main thing here is the technique which yields a reliable result. since fried chicken is one of my weaknesses, this will definitely be in regular rotation for us.
- 6 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (I always add more)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chicken in cold salted water for an hour.
- Remove and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or bag.
- Toss in chicken and coat well.
- Put about an inch of oil in heavy pan .
- fry chicken for about 10 minutes on each side to brown.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F approximatly 25 minutes or until juices run clear.