Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Bongo burger is a double turkey burger in two patties with a slice of American cheese, it looks like a Bob's Big Boy or a Big Mac when finished, with Bongo special sauce on a sesame seed bun.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish, drain well
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- How to Make Bongo Sauce.
- This is really easy just combine the relish, mayonnaise,water and ketchup.
- On waxed paper form the turkey into eight equal sized, round patties about.
- 4″ in diameter.
- Discard the top half of four of the eight buns. Now toast the the buns until golden. The extra bottom, is your middle bun.
- After the buns are toasted, now grill your beef patties and sprinkle liberally. with Bongo seasoning. Cook for about two minutes, then turn and add another sprinkle of Bongo seasoning. Cook for about another two minutes.
- Now dress your buns while the beef is cooking.
- Put half the sauce on the toasted bottom, and the other half on the.
- middle, adding 1/8 cup of lettuce to each. The slice of cheese goes.
- on top of the lettuce on the true bottom bun.
- When the beef patty is cooked, drain excess fat by tilting the patty to the side while holding it to the spatula with your free hand. Put one.
- patty on each dressed bun, stack the center, non-cheese patty/bun.
- on top of the bottom cheese patty/bun. Finish by placing the.
- toasted crowns on top.