Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this cake using different flavors of pie fillings --- cherry would be perfect for the holidays.
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling (can use two cans)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package cake mix (use yellow or white)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix) or 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix (use cream cheese or vanilla flavor)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use whipped cream)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (optional)
- Bake the cake according to package directions in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, pudding mix and milk until well combined and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake.
- Spread the blueberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the Cool Whip or whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with fresh blueberries if desired.
Its hard to believe that nobody has reviewed this yet. I made this using yellow cake, and subbing splenda for the sugar in the cream cheese mixture, and sugar-free pudding mix. I also used sugar-free cool whip for the top layer. My family said this is the best cake they've ever had. After dinner, they kept cutting "just one more little piece" until it's nearly gone! I think it is appropriately named:) Thanks Kitt!