Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A great summer dessert
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 slices butter pound cake (1/2 inch slices, home made or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 cup blueberry sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crushed (home made or store bought)
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons sugar over the strawberries and stir to combine. Let the strawberries sit in the sugar for 15-30 minutes or until the strawberries are nice and sweet.
- Cut eight 1/2 inch slices of pound cake. Measure the diameter of the trifle glass and, using a cookie cutter, cut the pound cake slices into eight rounds so they will fit snugly in the glasses. Set aside.
- Place the heavy whipping cream, mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- To Assemble the Trifles place one round slice of pound cake in the bottom of each trifle glass. Sprinkle each slice of pound cake with 1 teaspoon of Grand Marnier.
- Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of Blueberry Sauce on top of each round of cake.
- Cover the sauce with some of the fresh cut-up strawberries.
- Place a large dollop of the mascarpone cream on top of the strawberries.
- Repeat the layers, starting with the pound cake.
- Once the trifle glasses are filled, cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours to allow the flavors to mingle.
- Just before serving sprinkle with the crushed Gingersnap Cookies.