Cook1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine at work but I don't remember which one. This has to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the bread crumbs into prepared 9x13 dish.
- Cover with 1 cup of blueberries, cream cheese cubes.
- Top with the rest of the bread cubes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a med bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup maple syrup and brown sugar and mix well.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 45 minute.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until center is set and top is browned.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining syrup and blueberries to a boil in a med saucepot, stirring constantly.
- Simmer on low 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve strata topping with blueberry sauce.
This was easy to prepare. I did not have enough blueberries so I had cut strawberries so it became red, white and blue strata. I used large firm homemade rolls which were past the tender stage. I sampled a small section and it is delicious. I will pour the sauce over it tomorrow
and take it as a dessert to a friend since I was just invited to dinner. This could be a dessert
for all seasons with different fruits. Thanks for posting.