Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a sweet bread that uses crushed pineapple and coconut. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
Top Review by Boomette
I made 12 regular muffins and 6 jumbo muffins. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup. I used frozen blueberries and omitted the nuts. I like the taste of these muffins with blueberries, coconut and pineapple. Very yummy! Thanks Lainey :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, blend for baking
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup canned unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar blend.
- Add the eggs, egg whites and lemon juice; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in the blueberries, pineapple, pecans and coconut.
- Transfer to two 8-inch by 4-inch by 2-inch loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.