I got this recipe from the blueberry u-pick it farm that we go to every summer. There's nothing like a fresh blueberry muffin.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine oats, flour, 1/3 C sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine milk, egg and oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until moist only.
- DO NOT BEAT!
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Mix topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nummy Blueberry muffins, made these for breakfast, by lunchtime they were gone!! The topping was particulary nice, thanks for sharing!! will be doing these again.
These muffins were very delicious and easy to make, they raised nicely and were moist without being wet. The topping was just perfect for a cinnamon lover like me!
I omitted the topping and reduced the baking powder to 1/2 Tblsp. They went together quickly and puffed nicely in the oven. Very "oaty" tasting and not too sweet. Good for breakfast or a healthy snack. The batter was really wet and it made more than I could use in the muffin tin (even filling them to the top), but I'll make these again, I'm sure.