1/1 Photo of Blueberry Muffin Tops
You don't need any muffin top pans for this you can use regular size muffin tins they just won't be as full or as wide --- I have only used fresh blueberries for this so I am not certain if it would work using frozen, I have made this using dried cranberries, any dried fruit would work fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 103.53 ml butter
- 78.07 ml half-and-half cream or 78.07 ml full-fat milk
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 egg yolk (save the white for another use)
- 4.92 ml almond extract or 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar (use more for a sweeter muffin top)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees (second-lowest oven rack).
- 2Butter one 1/2-cup muffin top tin/pan (4x1/3-inch), or use 12 regular muffin tins (do not line with paper liners, just grease very well!).
- 3For the topping: In a small bowl mix all ingredients together using your fingers until crumbly; set aside.
- 4For the muffin tops: melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat; remove from the heat and whisk in the half and half cream or full-fat milk, then whisk in the whole egg, egg yolk and almond extract (or vanilla if using) until well combined.
- 5In a small bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, the add to the milk mixture, mixing with a wooden spoon JUST until combined.
- 6Gently fold in the blueberries until combined.
- 7Divide the batter between 12 muffin top tins or 12 regular size muffin
- 8Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the prepared topping.
- 9Bake for about 17-20 minutes, or until golden, and they test done with a toothpick inserted in the middle.
- 10Cool in the pans for about 12-15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges of each muffin top, then carefully remove from tins.
- 11Best served warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Muffin Tops
Serving Size: 1 (1050 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 268.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g