Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, blend the wet ingredients, including lemon peel.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined-- do not over mix.
- Fill greased muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for five minutes before removing from pan; finish cooling on rack.
These are stupendously tasty. We splurge on a 'premium' lemon yogurt for these, don't want to use one that's fake flavoured. It costs a little bit more but the results are decidedly worthwhile and besides we want to keep these a rare special treat. Love these muffins, they've always come out moist and tender. We make a point of NOT making them all the time so they remain "special".
I'm downgrading this recipe because it needs some changes to work properly. With modification, it came out pretty well - nice texture, good flavor - but still not as lemony as I'd like. As written, the wet/dry ratio is way off. When I initially mixed them together, my batter was dry and crumbly (like a streusel topping). I added 5 tablespoons of lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of 1% milk to get it to what was still a very thick batter. I also added the zest of one very large lemon. I will give this recipe another try because the end texture is very nice, but will add more lemon zest, more vanilla, and a sweet streusel topping of some sort to amp up the flavor next time.
Delicious! The batter seemed really thick and I was worried that I did something wrong, but they came out great. Everyone enjoyed them. This. recipe is definitely a keeper