Recipe by MrsSpike34
This recipe is originally from Fix, Freeze Feast although it may have been altered slightly. I usually make 6 at a time and freeze for my OAMC club. Perfect for brunch with maple syrup. I usually serve with a quiche for a complete meal. I sometimes use less cream cheese depending on who's going to be eating it. You can substitute 1 cup fresh blueberries for the pie filling but recipe won't be as moist. Recipe may be doubled and prepared in a 9x12 pan if desired.
- 6 slices French bread, cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8x8 deep pan with non stick spray.
- Place half the bread cubes in the bottom of pan.
- Dot bread with cubes of cream cheese.
- Spread pie filling over bread and cream cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over top.
- Let sit overnight in refrigerator or cover and freeze for OAMC.
- Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes, uncover and bake 30 minutes more.