Recipe by Seasoned Cook
WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS!!! The cream cheese in the dumplings just sends the flavor over the moon!!! Everyone will want second helpings of this family favorite! My husband likes to have it warm with half 'n half poured over the top. If you would like to half the recipe, use a 9x9 baking dish.
Top Review by amy.cleaveland
Incredible! I actually used frozen mixed berries (thawing, then measuring, then adding them undrained). I decreased the sugar as someone else suggested and halved the butter. With it just a tad healthier, I'll make this one again and again!
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup oats, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring blueberries, 1 1/3 cups sugar and butter to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy; add milk and beat until smooth. By hand stir in bisquick mix and uncooked oats.
- Spread two-thirds of dumpling mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon blueberry mixture evenly over dumpling mixture.
- Dollop remaining dumpling mixture evenly over blueberries.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Good served warm.