Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was in the local paper and it's very good. Make sure to use fresh berries with this one. Prep time includes 20 minutes cooling time.
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-10" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 cup cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until well combined.
- Add the lemon zest and butter and pulse until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and lemon juice and mix just until combined.
- Put 2/3 of the mixture in the pan and press lightly to even it in the pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cornmeal, the blueberries and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar (in that order).
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture evenly over the top and press down lightly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before removing the sides of the cake pan.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream, best served within 2-3 hours of baking.
Pixie if it weren't for your gorgeous photo I probably would've past this over. Choked full of blueberries. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.