Diabetic Italian Bread
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Mix together Flour, Salt, Sugar and Yeast.
- Mix together warm water (120 to130 degrees) and Oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry.
- Stir well.
- Add more flour or water if needed, to form soft dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and kneed for 1-2 min, or until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl cover and let rise 20 minute
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Knead dough down and place on cookie sheet.
- Pat or roll to 12" Circle.
- Brush with Salad dressing.
- Sprinkle with herbs and cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minute or until brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a full time Wife & Mother and wouldn't have it any other way! I don't spend as much time cooking as I once did because of health reasons. So am always looking for quick and easy recipes that don't scimp on flavor. My other passion is making Bobbin Lace.