Blueberry Crunch Cake
This was in the local paper and it's very good. Make sure to use fresh berries with this one. Prep time includes 20 minutes cooling time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-10" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 cup cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until well combined.
- Add the lemon zest and butter and pulse until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and lemon juice and mix just until combined.
- Put 2/3 of the mixture in the pan and press lightly to even it in the pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cornmeal, the blueberries and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar (in that order).
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture evenly over the top and press down lightly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before removing the sides of the cake pan.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream, best served within 2-3 hours of baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION