Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and I am posting for safe keeping. It was originally submitted by Kathy Grashoff from Ft. Wayne, IN. I think I will also add a dash of cinnamon and serve it with whipped cream. (Prep time includes the soaking time)
- 1 loaf white bread (Use a 16 oz loaf with the crusts removed, cubed and divided)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place half of the bread in a greased 8x8" baking pan.
- Top with half of the blueberries.
- Top blueberries with cream cheese, remaining bread and remaining blueberries; set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour over bread mixture and refrigerate for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 for one hour.