Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of corn soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- cornbread mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Evenly arrange chicken in a greased 13"x 9" inch baking pan. In a bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, pepper, and basil. Add frozen vegetables; spread over chicken in pan. Prepare cornbread according to package instructions. Spread batter evenly to cover vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I could not find corn bread mix, so used a dumpling mix instead. It was very nice and the family enjoyed this for dinner.<br/>I think it might have been a little better with the corn bread, as the dumpling mix tended to soak up a bit of the sauce, but even so, still very nice on a cold winter's night.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img title=Who src=http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/rz/.3/33/77/6/thumbs/picajqy0V.jpg alt=Having width=98 height=73 />After a productive day teaching seventh grade math, I enjoy good music, cooking, and a glass of fine red wine with my handsome husband. Since my children have left the nest, my babies are my two rat terriers. Buddy and Ellie keep me laughing, even when they are naughty.</p> <p><img title=Miss src=http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/rz/.3/33/77/6/large/picFrixiD.jpg alt=Playing width=352 height=461 /></p>