Recipe by bernrome
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but I'm deleting some of my documents in Word and transferring them to recipezaar. Taste the filling before continuing with the recipe. You might like extra sugar and vanilla extract.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
I've been wanting to make this for a while and have just been waiting on a good deal for some fresh blueberries! The wait was worth it, so delicious!! I used fresh nutmeg, that gave a nice spice, yum!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender mix the cream cheese, sugar, berries, and extract.
- In a deep dish mix the eggs, milk, and nutmeg.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture between two slices of bread as if making a sandwich. Place the sandwich in the egg mixture and let it soak for a couple of minutes and then reapeat on the other side.
- Cook on a hot griddle as for French toast. The temperature should be slightly lower than normal to allow the heat to penetrate the filling.
- Serve with fresh berries and a dollop of cream cheese filling on top of toast.