Blackberry French Toast
photo by info8633
- Ready In:
- In small bowl combine 1 cup pie filling and 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well. Put in saucepan on low heat. This will be for the topping.
- In bowl add two eggs and beat well. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine 1 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well. Spread this onto one slice of bread. It will be thick and spreadable.
- Next, add one to two tablespoons of blackberry pie filling on top of cream cheese. (you can add more filling if you want it extra thick).
- Place a slice of bread on top so that you have made a sandwich.
- (Repeat steps to make second serving).
- Dip sandwich into egg mixture so that it's coated on both sides.
- Place a dab of butter onto skillet. Cook on medium to medium low heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with warm topping mixture. Add cool whip if you prefer. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!