Originally from "1001 Cookie Recipes"
Make and share this Blueberry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.
- Beat in the egg.
- Beat in the milk, almond extract and lemon rind.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls about 1-inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pale golden.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- NOTES: Canned or frozen blueberries can be used, but fresh gives the best results.