Lemon Blueberry Cookies
photo by Vnut-Beyond Redempt
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Like a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar.
- Using an electric mixer beat at medium until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and lemon peel.
- Sift into a medium mixing bowl the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time to the butter mixture, mixing on low speed until just crumbly.
- Stir in blueberries*.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface, divide in half.
- Knead each half until dough holds together.
- Using your hands form 16 balls out of each half.
- Place the first 16 evenly on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Take a glass, dip it in sugar and press each ball to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are JUST golden around the edges.
- Repeat with second half.
- *You can also use dried cranberries or cherries for these cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were really delicious. They tasted just like shortbread, nice and buttery. Everyone liked them, I just wish it made more (the cookies were pretty small, and I could only get 28 cookies out of the dough). The ingredients were easy to find - except for the dried blueberries. The only place I could find them was at Walgreen's, of all places! I'll make them again!