Recipe by tasb
This recipe is changed from Certo Pectin Crystals. Directions assume you know about canning. Times are estimates.
- 4 cups blueberries, whole
- 2 cups cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box Certo, pectin crystals
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure fruit whole, I used my processor and pulsed until finely chopped, measure 4 cups of finely chopped fruit.
- In large saucepan stir together prepared fruit, lemon juice and Certo Pectin Crystals.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add all sugar.
- Return to a hard boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir and skim for 5 minutes, to prevent floating fruit. Pout into hot sterilized jars to 1/4 inch from rim, Cover with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes (adjust processing time for about sea level).
- Note: I ended up with about 6 3/4 half pint jars of jam. I always so up an extra jar and a couple extra lids when preparing them.
- Cooked jams may be stored on shelf unopened for up to 1 year.
- It's important to use sterilized jars, lids and utensils when preparing cooked jams.
- Jars can be sterilized in the oven at 225F for 10 minutes and should be kept warm until filling time.
- Lids should be placed in boiled water and kept warm until ready to use.