Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I've been saving this recipe clipped from a magazine for awhile. I have yet to try it, but sounds simple.
- 1 package duncan hines bakery style blueberry muffin mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9" pan.
- Rinse the blueberries from the mix with cold water and drain.
- Set aside.
- Place the muffin mix in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter with pastry blender or fork.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and peel.
- Beat well.
- Spread this over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle with the berries.
- Sprinkle the topping packet from mix over the berries.
- Return pan to oven and bake another 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely in pan, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into bars.