Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another "church meeting" cake I grew up loving.
Make and share this Blueberry Buckle recipe from Food.com.
- Thoroughly cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Spread in greased 11x7x1 1/2-inch pan.
- Top with berries.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cut in squares and serve warm.
Delicious! We loved this quick and easy blueberry buckle. I took the recommendation of the previous reviewer and used 3 cups of blueberries instead of 2 cups. It isn't blueberry season, so I had to use frozen blueberries as none of my stores had fresh blueberries in stock. We loved the buttery, cinnamon topping. Next time, I think I will try adding some lemon zest and a little lemon extract to the cake batter. I made this as a breakfast coffee cake and my company loved it. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
**Made for PAC Fall 2012**
What a perfect recipe to take to the Bible Study. It was my turn to do the refreshments, so I asked the ladies, and this evening, my husband, to rate it. Everyone gave it 5 stars. Comments included: love the butter sugar flavor; good overall; very good; excellent; very good; needs more blueberries; nice and crisp; like the crisp buttery topping; excellent; would like it with ice cream; delicious. Michael and I enjoyed it too, and indeed did have it with ice cream. We both gave it 5 stars. I would use more blueberries next time. Made for Spring PAC 2009.