photo by Ethan at Food.com
- Ready In:
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat until light.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased pan (9x9x2).
- To make the crumb topping, blend all the ingredients for it together.
- Sprinkle with Crumb topping.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven (375 F) for about 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for my own Blueberry Buckle recipe and realized that it was on my old computer which crashed. I found this one which looked very similiar to the one I had except I added a tsp of lemon juice ( I remembered my recipe called for it). I also doubled the recipe to fit a 13 x 9 inch cake pan. The end results were FABULOUS! The middle did not bake as fast as the outer part of the cake, so I covered the done parts with foil so It would not burn while the center finished baking. The cake was very moist and yummy! Thank you for posting!
I am befuddled about the rave reviews. I made it just as listed and found that while the cake part is tasty it also is not at all dense and crumbles easily as you go to cut it. I made the topping exactly as listed and found that it was not crumbly but rather clumpy. Overall ok, but I will not be making it again.