Blueberry Crumb Buckle
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare crumb topping, place flour, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter and process until crumbly. Add walnuts and pulse 3 times or until evenly distributed.
- To prepare the cake, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat until evenly blended. Turn to low speed; add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk and beat until blended.
- Stir in 1 cup berries. Turn into pan and spread evenly. Scatter remaining 1 cup berries over top and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake 45 minutes or until nicely browned and edges of cake begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe on 7/8/2011 for the Fruit Event in the Photo Forum.Except for leaving out the walnuts, the recipe was made exactly as it was written.Just like Bev, I too had to bake for an extra 20 minutes to get the middle done.The cake itself was very moist and had a very good flavor, and I thought the topping was just a bit " too sweet " for my tastes.If I do make this again, I'll cut the amounts of both sugars in half. Thanks so much for posting the recipe and, "Keep Smiling :) "
This is wonderful! i used pecans because thats what i had, and only about a half cup, but it turned out perfectly. i also put it in a spring form pan, sprayed with bakers joy. after cooling about 5 min. i took the sides off and it looked like i'd puchased it from a bakery. thanks so much for this awesome recipe.
If you are a blueberry lover and have not yet experienced Chef~V's Blueberry Crumb Buckle, you haven't lived! The flavor of this cake is pure blueberry through and through! The cake is moist and the crumb topping with the walnuts compliments it perfectly. I made as directed, however, I had to bake about 20 minutes longer or so as the middle just wouldn't quite bake through. Thanks for this wonderful treat, Chef~V!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...