Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a nice and yummy twist on the traditional bread pudding, I guarantee this will be a home-run at your next meal. COOKS NOTES: Cooking time may take longer, use your good judgment! Don't forget the Whipped Cream..it is great!
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and picked over, remove any stems
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups bread cubes (remove crusts)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau liqueur
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour the orange juice and melted butter over the bread.
- Sprinkle on the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and using your hands, toss to coat the bread.
- Pour the eggs over the mixture and mix all together with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape the bread into a pie dish coated with baking spray and flatten the top with the back of a spoon. Place the blueberries on top in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, lemon juice and the Cointreau. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Cut into pie shaped wedges and serve warm or cool. Garnish with the whipped cream and any additional fresh blueberries.
An easy and delicious dessert! I used dried bread cubes and had no problem with it turning mushy when the juice was added. I served it as is, no whipped cream or ice cream, and it was wonderful!
What an incredibly tasty and elegant bread pudding! We all loved it! I had a little trouble with the bread reducing to wet mush when I added the orange juice, so I put in approximately 1 more cup of bread cubes. And since I've had trouble with bread pudding puffing up and bubbling over as it bakes, I used a 10-inch pie plate. I think that was a mistake, as the base was a bit thin. (No one complained though!) I used Grand Marnier in place of the Cointreau liqueur. We liked the dish served with both whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. Thank you so much for posting this excellent recipe!