Savory Southwest Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cream
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 8 cups day-old French bread, cubed
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°. Butter 10 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place corn on baking sheet and coat with olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes until kernels begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Stir in garlic and cook an additional three minutes. Stir in cumin, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In large bowl whisk together cream and eggs. Add Tabasco, lime juice, green chiles and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir in bread cubes, corn and onion, mixing until ingredients are evenly distributed. Mix in cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepared ramekins, place on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Unmold and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"