Recipe by Sassy in da South
I love blueberries and this recipe is great. If you love blueberries too, I hope you'll give it a try. Enjoy!
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This is a GREAT dessert! Made it up Saturday night to take to the beach with us on Sunday (there's a refrigerator there) and all I can say is I have been ordered to make it again this week! Absolutely perfect (and a great hot-weather sweet).
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat till smooth with mixer.
- Spread over crumbs layer in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool.
- Combine milk, pudding, and 1/4 cup amaretto. Beat 2 minutes on low and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Combine 1 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in large pan.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup amaretto.
- Stir till smooth.
- Add berries and cook over medium heat stirring constantly till thick. Cool.
- Poor blueberries over pudding and chill. Before serving cover blueberry layer with Cool Whip.