Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Blue cheese in soup is wonderful!
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, sauté carrots, celery and onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour.
- Gradually blend in milk and cream cheese until smooth. Add broth, blue cheese, and parsley. Heat and serve hot. Makes about 5 1/2 cups.