Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This came from a friend in Payette, ID named Marchand Bowman.
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches spinach, cleaned and torn into pcs
- 1 bunch radish (sliced)
- 8 slices bacon (fried, drained, and chopped)
- 8 ounces bay shrimp
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/4
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 cups canola oil
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Toss spinach, radishes, mushrooms, bacon, shrimp with dressing to taste. Garnish with eggs, cheese.
- Put egg, sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, and onions in bowl of food processor with steel blade.
- Process for 10-15 seconds, with processor running, slowing drizzle oil in . As dressing starts to thicken add oil faster. The consistency when done should be slightly thicker than heavy cream.
- Add poppy seeds and process just until mixed.
wow oh wow this is wonderful i scaled down for me DID use the shrimp less bacon the flavors meld togethr sooo well great dinner salad
EXCELLENT. We really enjoyed this with our steak dinner tonight. I made a few changes as I had this as a side dish. I omitted the shrimp. I also omitted the radish, just don't care for them. I also sauteed the mushrooms for just a minute or two and used Parmesan cheese because that was what I had. No matter what changes you make to the salad ingredients, it is the dressing that makes this recipe. Absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR :)
I very much enjoyed this salad with supper tonight! I left out the shrimp and used veggie bacon bits. I scaled the recipe down and used a tiny bit of egg white for the egg. Thank you for a yummy salad!