1/2 Photos of BLT With Spicy Guacamole
From "Breakfasts" by Jacque Malouf. I copied this from a friend's book for safe keeping. Sounds great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 rolls, halved
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups arugula leaves, about 1 . 5 oz
for the guacamole
- 1For the guacamole, peel the avocado and place the flesh in a bowl.
- 2Lightly mash with fork.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to taste and mix well. *Use food processor if you want a smoother guacamole.
- 4Cover and set aside.
- 5For the BLT, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a small amount of oil to the skillet.
- 6Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- 7Spread each halve of the rolls with guacamole, followed by 2 slices of bacon, tomato slices and finish with a handful of arugula leaves and top of roll.
- 8Serve while bacon is still warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT With Spicy Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 1122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g