From "Breakfasts" by Jacque Malouf. I copied this from a friend's book for safe keeping. Sounds great.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 rolls, halved
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄4 cups arugula leaves, about 1 . 5 oz
for the guacamole
- 1 avocado, large and ripe
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chile, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- For the guacamole, peel the avocado and place the flesh in a bowl.
- Lightly mash with fork.
- Add remaining ingredients to taste and mix well. *Use food processor if you want a smoother guacamole.
- Cover and set aside.
- For the BLT, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a small amount of oil to the skillet.
- Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Spread each halve of the rolls with guacamole, followed by 2 slices of bacon, tomato slices and finish with a handful of arugula leaves and top of roll.
- Serve while bacon is still warm.