Classic BLT Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (approx. 12 slices)
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce, fresh and full
- 8 slices of ripened tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Cook bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Toast the 8 slices of bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayo on each slice of toasted bread. (More or less, to taste).
- Add 1 slice of lettuce to 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast.
- Add 2 slices of tomato on top of lettuce.
- Arrange 3 slices of bacon evenly on top of tomato. (Break bacon slices in half to fit, if needed.).
- Add 1 slice of lettuce on top of bacon.
- Put the remaining 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast on top to finish the sandwiches.
- NOTE: I also like to butter the toast slices before adding the mayo -- higher in fat, but tastier, in my opinion!
Join The Conversation
Hard to believe a BLT needs a recipe. Fry (or microwave) bacon, slice a ripe tomato, rip some lettuce leaves off a head of it, toast some bread, and slather on mayo of choice (I prefer Blue Plate, made with yolks only, not whole eggs). Yes, mix it up a bit with avocado or cheese or sprouts or a fried egg if you want. BLTs are the epitome of summer deliciousness.