Kittencal's Classic Club Sandwich
photo by FrenchBunny
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 slices bread, well toasted (you will have 3 slices bread for each sandwich)
- lettuce leaf
- 8 slices mild cheddar cheese, divided (or use American cheese slices)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked thinly-sliced deli ham, divided
- 8 slices tomatoes
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb deli thinly-sliced turkey, divided
- 8 slices cooked bacon (can use more)
- 16 long toothpicks (to secure the sandwich together)
- In a small bowl combine the mayo with mustard until blended.
- Spread about 1-2 teaspoons on one side of each slice of the 12 toasted bread slices.
- To assemble ONE sandwich; layer 1 slice of toast mayo-side up on a cutting board, then place a lettuce leaf on top of the bread, then one slice of cheese, then ham, then 2 slices tomatoes, sprinkle salt and lots black pepper over the tomatoes, then 1 slice toast (mayo-side down).
- Spread mayo mixture onto the top of the bread.
- For the top portion of the sandwich; continue to assemble the sandwich with a cheese slice on top of the bread, then turkey slices, then 2 slices bacon, then 1 lettuce leaf and then 1 slice of toast (mayo-side down) you should have 3 slices of bread for each sandwich (this is for 1 sandwich, continue making the remaining three sandwiches in the same manner).
- Cut EACH sandwich into 4 triangles, then secure with long toothpicks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love club sandwiches !! This was another delicious one !! The only thing I changed was my friend doesn't digest bacon very well so I fried up some prosciutto to put in the sandwich instead, and I used the cheddar cheese but for the second slice I used pepper jack cheese...it added a very nice bite to it. I only made one and cut it in half and served it with a bowl of Slow Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe #136552 for the both of us. Another delicious recipe Kitten, you know I am your biggest fan.
I was craving club sandwiches, so I made this recipe for dinner with chips and a pickle spear. Sooooo good!!!! Kids loved them. I also made your Chocolate covered cherry pie from your website for Christmas and it was to die for!!! Everyone said it was fabulous. Thanks for all your wonderful recipes.
see 3 more reviews