Smoked Turkey Quesadillas
- Ready In:
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese or 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained 4 oz
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 8 slices smoked turkey breast
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ripe sliced ripe olives, if desired (optional)
- Mash avocado in medium bowl. Add cream cheese, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper; blend well. Stir in tomatoes and chiles.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese on 4 of the tortillas. Top each with a turkey slice. Spread avocado mixture over turkey. Top with remaining turkey slices. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 1 quesadilla; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas. Garnish with remaining Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese. Top each quesadilla with olive slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mom to 2 boys, ages 11 and 6. My youngest is a cancer survivor, so we enjoy each day given to us! You never know what can happen in your life! I have been in the loan business for over 10 years and I love it. Unfortunately, this economy has put a wrench into my awesome career. After a couple layoffs, I decided I need to do something else for awhile. I am now selling advertising, and it's different! I am thankful to have a job, so can't complain much! I love to cook. I can spend a whole Sunday in the kitchen just cooking away. I love trying new recipes (my boyfriend hates it. Lol. He likes what he likes and would be fine never trying anything new.) I never bake. I think it's because I don't measure. I am a throw-in-the-ingredients until they taste good kind of girl. I LOVE this site(actually, I am addicted to it) and am enjoying finding new things to make everyday!