Corn, Rice & Bean Burritos
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, onion and pepper in oil until tender.
- Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add beans and rice; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of filling off center on each tortilla.
- Top with cheese yogurt and green onions.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Serve with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother and grandmother, I love to bake and I love to can (water-bath and pressure). My family and I live on 5 acres, we now have chickens and ducks and who knows what else we'll add in the future. My favorite meal to make and eat is soup.