I love Caesar Salads, and I love BLT's combining 2 of my favorites togethers is a given! YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!!! from Sunset Magazine 6/2009
- 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 drained canned anchovy fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices crusty bread, large like sweet batard
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- about 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp but not brittle, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, parmesan, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. Whirl until smooth. Scrape into a small bowl.
- Spread Caesar mayo on bread slices. Top half with tomato and sprinkle with sea salt. Add bacon, lettuce, and remaining bread slices. Serve with extra mayo.