Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You'll never opt for bread again! These are fun, filling and delicious. Inspired by recipes from JoyTheBaker.com and Rachael Ray.
- Prepare waffles ahead of time per waffle maker directions (or while bacon in step #2 cooks). Cool on wire racks.
- Place the bacon on a lined sheet pan and roast in a 400-degree oven for 15-20 mins or until crisp.
- Slice tomatoes and wash lettuce, set aside.
- In a small bowl, make maple-mustard sauce by stirring the three ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more mustard or maple depending on your preference.
- Blot bacon. Once bacon and waffles are cooled, prep the sandwiches: Slather one waffle with sauce, layer with arugula, tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as you like. Top with another waffle. Slice in half and enjoy!