Recipe by Vina
I saw him make this on FoodNetwork and it looked delicious. Turns out it was! Very easy to put together with ingredients I always have on hand (love those Bloody Mary's!), and perfect for when you have guests as the only thing you'll have left to do is grill the steak. (NOTE: The original recipe says it'll serve 4-8, but 3-4 would seem maximum to me for an entree; 2 for hearty eaters.)
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Right on,Vina! I was going to post this until I saw you did! If I could give it more than 5 stars I would. We make this all the time and is the recipe we save all our flank steaks for. You are right about the serving sizes -if you have company make more-my hubby and I eat a whole one! I serve with Guy's Bomb Bakers baked potato recipe-goes great because of the horseradish cream sauce. I love Guy and I love Bloody Marys and steak-great combo! I do pat the steak dry first, it's so you don't douse the flames and you can get a nice sear on the meat right away. Also, Guy pierced the flank steak with a meat fork before marinating it , so I do that also. Even people who don't like Bloody Mary's love this recipe! Excellent post! The other 2 reviewers obviously did something wrong! It is bursting with flavor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 cup vegetable juice (V-8 recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients except for the flank steak in a 1-gallon zip lock bag. Add the flank steak. (push out excess air before sealing.) Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high or heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the flank steak from the marinade. (He patted the steak dry with paper towels; I didn't. Don't see the reason for it if grilling.) Grill or pan sear both sides, then lower heat to medium and cook to medium rare.
- Let the flank steak rest, covered with a clean towel for 5-10 minutes (I used foil). Cut (1/2" slices) on the bias against the grain and serve.
- (Cooking time includes marinating time).